React Native Developer
Quick summary of the job
We’re looking for a developer who is well versed in React native but also won’t steer away from unknown territory. For 2-3 days a week you’ll work on a project that requires app development. The remaining 2 days is for other amazing stuff that we haven’t had the time for yet. Also, fluency in Dutch is a must.
Purple is not your common digital marketing and design agency. We’re in the business of creative problem solving for our clients (Microsoft, Under Armour, Samsung, Honeywell, to name a few. #namedropping). We make sure they succeed in the experience economy.
We do more than just think up awesome strategic and creative concepts. We actually make them come to life. Virtual and augmented reality, IoT, artificial intelligence, 360 video, spatial audio and app development are all part of our digital repertoire.
What we offer you
- Complex, technology driven, and high impact projects – You work on projects that matter to our customers and to us.
- Continuous skill development – We value your skills and we want to enable you to keep challenging yourself to learn new things. We believe that when you grow we all benefit.
- Diverse and challenging workload – With us, you’ll work for multiple clients, on several projects, and you’ll use lots of different skills and techniques. Never boring, promise.
- Freedom and responsibility – You’re in charge over your own work and the tech/equipment you need. That includes choosing your own hardware: laptop, desktop, macbook, pc – you name it.
- A lack of management layers – We work in small (international) teams consisting of cool people who all rock their specific trade.
- Competitive salary, bonus and other good perks – Flexible hours. Phone + subscription. OV-chipcard. A pool car you can use to visit your parents. A solid pension plan.
What you’d be a part of
- At Purple we’re all interested in technology. We love thinking about how tech + creativity can help our clients get ahead.
- We’ve been around for 8 years. So, we’re no longer a start-up. But we did decide to stick to the culture of ambition, fast decision making, and doing ground breaking stuff.
- We work as one team and we care about how others are doing. We believe that strong ties between people are crucial for creativity. That’s why we have Friday drinks, monthly dinners, and a Purple ski-trip. Nothing mandatory, of course. But we love it when you join.
Where you can find us
Our office used to be an old factory. Expect a lot of raw industrial edges that we’ve turned into an inspiring, creative work space – wanna see? You may sometimes trip over some cables, a projector, or a motion capture suit – it’s not a mess, it’s a reflection of what we do.
We’re located right in between Haarlem and Amsterdam. With a train station literally around the corner it’s easy to get to work using public transport. But, if you’re a car person, parking is also not an issue.
- Fluent in Dutch is a must
- React native
- Standard stuff; Github, Jira, APIs
- Other app development (iOS, Android, Unity)
- Some experience leading a development team
Stuff we already do on a daily basis (you’ll definitely get your hands dirty on this):
- Unity (C#)
- AR (ARCore + ARKit)
- AR foundation
- Knowledge of WebGL
- Profiling and optimising applications for Web + Mobile
Skills that’ll give you the edge:
- Good knowledge of render pipelines (low level graphics API)
- Experience with DOTS
- Experience with .net Window apps
What we love to experiment and play around with:
- Rasberry pi
- VR stuff
- Any other open API on the net!