At Purple we design, produce and build attention-grabbing moments. How do we do this? We combine the power of storytelling and kick-ass visual content with technology that amazes your senses. We’re passionate for creative technical problem solving to make sure our clients succeed in the growing experience economy and we’re on a mission to provide world class experience center and storytelling software to create engaging, attention grabbing moments that anyone can use, anytime, anywhere.
We do this with Hyro; our story building tool that brings presentations, meetings, trainings, product reveals, interactive signage to the audience in an enticing and interactive manner. This journey started in 2018 and today we’re growing fast and excited to bring new passionate people on board to join us on this mission. Recently, we have had the privilege of working for clients like SAP, Microsoft, Interpolis, Samsung, Under Armour, Honeywell and Pepsico.
What you’ll do
As part of the product team you’ll be continuously improving Hyro’s product features & team processes. Whether this is designing parts for the GUI of our CMS or improving our design system to ensure alignment between design and development; you’ll be part of the whole product lifecycle from discovery, delivery to maintenance. This means collaborating with all parts of our organisation; from development to sales. For example, you might design a collaboration feature & workflow to allow users to work on content together. Or think about some microcopy to ensure users understand what’s going on. You’ll help out keeping our onboarding experience and documentation up to date as well as be a driver for innovative ideas to build a better product & grow the business.
You have the possibility to continue to grow your own skills, our team and our product. We are currently a small tight knit team which we plan to expand to multiple teams over the course of the year to continue to deliver value & delight to our users.
What you’ll need
Product design is more than just visuals – You lead the end-to-end design process, from effective problem framing, through ideation, wireframes and advanced prototyping, ending with user validated high-fidelity designs while taking function over form into account.
Strong design mind – You have a strong understanding of UX & information architecture concepts and can demonstrate how you have applied them to previous product or projects and how you are able to simplify complex problems and come up with intuitive solutions. You are used to presenting design decisions and are able to justify them to key stakeholders.
Users are #1 – Our users are the ones that are our advocates and are the ones with the most experience using our product. You are critical about the implications of what we’re building and understand the impact it has on our users lives. To do this, you proactively employ proven methodologies to get insights from them to ensure we understand the problems we should be solving.
You’re a great collaborator – As the designer you have the ability to bring the teams ideas to life. This requires you understand the value we are trying to create for the user as well as understanding the technical limitations of the product. You will work actively with product managers and engineers to create beautiful solutions.
Growth mindset: We’re growing in more than 1 way. You are eager & able to step outside your comfort-zone to grow your own skills and participate in building a larger team that successfully can deliver a product our users love.
- 3+ years of product design experience, preferably with SaaS
- Experience in creating complex, multi-input interactions, experiences and end-to-end flows, prototypes, with high-fidelity visuals
- Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- You’re proficient with design and prototyping tools (we use Figma)
- You have excellent English language communication skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Bonus; basic knowledge of front-end frameworks & technologies
- Bonus 2; You have experience in a high pace startup/scaleup environment
What we offer you
- Complex, technology-driven, and high impact work – You work on features and product that matter to our customers and to us.
- Continuous skill development – We value your skills and we want to enable you to keep challenging yourself to learn new things. We believe that when you grow, we all benefit.
- Diverse and challenging workload – With us, you’ll work for multiple clients and you’ll use lots of different skills and techniques. It’s never boring, we promise.
- Freedom and responsibility – You’re in charge over your own work and the tech/equipment you need. That includes choosing your own hardware: desktop, macbook, pc – you name it.
- Competitive salary, bonus and other good perks – Flexible hours. Phone + subscription. A solid pension plan. Public transportation card. Monthly activities(as soon as corona measure permit). Ski trip. We like to have fun 😁
Where you can find us
Our office used to be an old factory. Expect a lot of raw industrial edges that we’ve turned into an inspiring, creative work space – wanna see? You may sometimes trip over some cables, a projector, or a motion capture suit – it’s not a mess, it’s a reflection of what we do. We’ve recently doubled the size of this office; but you get the idea.
We’re located right in between Haarlem and Amsterdam. With a train station literally around the corner it’s easy to get to work using public transport. But, if you’re a car person, parking is also not an issue.
Interested in a new challenge?
Get in contact with Tim Fokker: