Digital Marketing Intern
At Purple we design, produce and build attention-grabbing moments. How do we do this? We combine the power of storytelling and kick-ass visual content with technology that amazes your senses. We’re passionate for creative technical problem solving to make sure our clients succeed in the growing experience economy and we’re on a mission to provide world class experience center and storytelling software to create engaging, attention grabbing moments that anyone can use, anytime, anywhere.
We do this with Hyro; our story building tool that brings presentations, meetings, trainings, product reveals, interactive signage to the audience in an enticing and interactive manner. Recently, we have had the privilege of working for clients like SAP, Microsoft, Interpolis, Samsung, Under Armour, Honeywell and Pepsico.
This journey started in 2018 and today we’re growing fast and excited to bring new passionate people on board to join us on this mission. We like to call ourselves Purples; we all have curiosity, creativity, compassion and courage in our DNA. Do you recognise yourself in this, continue reading ;).
What you’ll do
At Purple you will be supporting and facilitating the current marketing team. The team consists of three people, a marketing and sales strategist, a content creator and a creative director. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the online presence of Purple as a company and the Purple Products. E.g. new and exciting content for our channels like the website, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. You will work closely with the sales team, the design studio and an external agency.
Your tasks will be to:
- Support the marketing strategy, in creation and execution.
- Create new concepts to improve and expand our online presence.
- Manage content on all our channels.
- Keep our social channels up to date.
- Update the website with new content like projects and blogs.
- Analyse and optimize online results.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a proactive and versatile student that can express creativity in different ways. Someone that gets stuff done and likes to interact with different teams to work with them.
- You have a passion for (digital/online) marketing, social media and communication.
- HBO or University – +2nd year – combination with a thesis is possible.
- Preferred study direction: digital media, marketing, communication, business administration.
- Fast learner, proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in English is a must. Fluent in Dutch is a plus.
- Great time management skills;
- Genuine interest in the tech industry and for innovation.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop (or other design tool) is helpful.
- Some prior digital marketing activation experience is a plus.
- Knowledge about SEO and SEA is helpful as well.
What we offer you
- A decent compensation
- The ability to work from home, but our clubhouse is fully open
- A well executed internship might lead to a job offer at Purple
- Personal coaching to develop your skill set in a working environment
- Freedom to make an impact and spark us with new ideas
- Monthly activities (as soon as corona permits). We like to have fun!
- A game of table tennis, darts and a cold beer on Friday.
Where you can find us
Our office used to be an old factory. Expect a lot of raw industrial edges that we’ve turned into an inspiring, creative work space – wanna see? You may sometimes trip over some cables, a projector, or a motion capture suit – it’s not a mess, it’s a reflection of what we do. We’ve recently doubled the size of this office; but you get the idea.
We’re located right in between Haarlem and Amsterdam. With a train station literally around the corner it’s easy to get to work using public transport. But, if you’re a car person, parking is also not an issue.
Interested in a new challenge?
Get in contact with Susan van Dueren den Hollander: