Full stack engineer
At Purple we design, produce and build attention-grabbing moments. How do we do this? We combine the power of storytelling and kick-ass visual content with technology that amazes your senses. We’re passionate for creative technical problem solving to make sure our clients succeed in the growing experience economy and we’re on a mission to provide world class experience center and storytelling software to create engaging, attention grabbing moments that anyone can use, anytime, anywhere.
We do this with Hyro; our story building tool that brings presentations, meetings, trainings, product reveals, interactive signage to the audience in an enticing and interactive manner. This journey started in 2018 and today we’re growing fast and excited to bring new passionate people on board to join us on this mission. Recently, we have had the privilege of working for clients like SAP, Microsoft, Interpolis, Samsung, Under Armour, Honeywell and Pepsico.
What you’ll do
As part of the product team you’ll be continuously improving Hyro’s product features & team processes. Whether this is interactivity in the spaces we create, polishing current features or improving platform performance and reliability; you’ll be part of the whole product lifecycle from discovery, delivery to maintenance. For example, you might build a collaboration feature to allow users to work on content together. Or a feature that allows users to configure media used in the spaces as triggers for other content.
You have the possibility to continue to grow your own skills, our team and our product. We are currently a small tight knit team which we plan to expand to multiple teams over the course of the year to continue to deliver value to our users.
What you’ll need
Pragmatic problem solving – For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can unravel tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You’re comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
Backend & architecture familiarity – In your mind you are able to visualise the back end and how systems fit together. From the fundamental data model to the front end for the users.
You’re quick to adapt to technology – To you, technologies and programming languages are all tools that we can apply to our product. You’re able to learn new technologies as you go, find real value for users and implement them in ways that enables our business to grow.
Growth mindset: We’re growing in more than 1 way. You are eager & able to step outside your comfort-zone to grow your own skills and participate in building a larger team that successfully can deliver a product our users love.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Backend development: experience with any modern backend tech stack (Java/.NET/Go/Node.js/etc)
- DevOps: We work with a variety of technologies, so experience with Linux, nginx, postgres, docker, AWS/Azure/Google Cloud and CircleCI is preferred. Bonus points for experience with Jenkins, Chef and/or Ansible.
What we offer you
- Complex, technology-driven, and high impact work – You work on features and product that matter to our customers and to us.
- Continuous skill development – We value your skills and we want to enable you to keep challenging yourself to learn new things. We believe that when you grow, we all benefit.
- Diverse and challenging workload – With us, you’ll work for multiple clients and you’ll use lots of different skills and techniques. It’s never boring, we promise.
- Freedom and responsibility – You’re in charge over your own work and the tech/equipment you need. That includes choosing your own hardware: desktop, macbook, pc – you name it.
- Competitive salary, bonus and other good perks – Flexible hours. Phone + subscription. A solid pension plan. Public transportation card. Monthly activities(as soon as corona measure permit). Ski trip. We like to have fun 😁
Where you can find us
Our office used to be an old factory. Expect a lot of raw industrial edges that we’ve turned into an inspiring, creative work space – wanna see? You may sometimes trip over some cables, a projector, or a motion capture suit – it’s not a mess, it’s a reflection of what we do. We’ve recently doubled the size of this office; but you get the idea.
We’re located right in between Haarlem and Amsterdam. With a train station literally around the corner it’s easy to get to work using public transport. But, if you’re a car person, parking is also not an issue.
Interested in a new challenge?
Get in contact with Tim Fokker: