Allround Digital Designer
At Purple we design, produce and build attention-grabbing moments. How do we do this? We combine the power of storytelling and kick-ass visual content with technology that amazes your senses. The “kick-ass visual content part” is where you come in.
As an Allround Digital Designer at Purple, you do more than bringing amazing graphics and visualizations to life. You use your strong creative background to create powerful stories that capture the audience’s attention. You are a passionate and reliable allround designer, who is able to adapt to fast-changing situations and work in teams or autonomously.
You will be responsible for the creation of assets and content, and delivering high quality and innovative 2D-oriented visual art. This is a role for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment or work autonomously when needed. You take part in every phase of the creative process, from conceptualization and production, to client delivery.
- Mid to Senior Level.
- At least 4 years of allround digital design experience including graphic design, UI, UX, video and motion graphics.
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-end digital design skills
- Available 40 hours a week
Your skills and experience:
- Your design tool game is strong. You know every corner in your design tools
- No canvas is too big for you. Designing for any kind of screen is what you love to do, whether it’s for a mobile device or a big immersive experience room.
- Strong concepts, ideation and storytelling ability. You feel comfortable with all different phases of the projects, from ideation and conceptualization until delivery.
- The ability to collaborate with other team members and key stakeholders to create content used
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and have strong project organizational skills and a structured workflow.
- Able to delegate specific tasks among your team members
- Be a great communicator, receive and interpret feedback, to improve the creative work and studio workflow in future iterations.
- Have a hunger for knowledge, growth and creativity.
- Experience in immersive design is a big plus
Desired software knowledge:
- Full experience in Adobe CC:
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- General understanding in Sketch
- Any 3D experience is a big plus
Your tasks at Purple:
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the design process.
- Assist in selecting appropriate audio, graphic and animation styles for the projects.
- Assist in the creation of storyboards and style frames for a variety of projects.
- Work with clients, project managers and designers to understand the project scope and objectives.
- Take initiative in training and developing others in the use of animation software and techniques.
- Create 2D artwork for screens and interfaces
- Knowing which software to use for the specific design task (PS, AI, Sketch)
- Design with focus on interaction
- Coming up with visual concepts, based on a story and/or briefing
- Working with templates and know how to edit them
- Designing assets and creating presentations from them
- Create animated graphics in After Effects like transitions and text layers
- Know how to use 3rd party plugins (Trapcode Suite, Plexus, +++)
- Tracking objects and composite elements to your footage
- Edit videos in Premiere Pro (including basic color correction)
- Finding and selecting footage based on a script/storyboard from different sources (Recorded footage vs Client footage vs Stock)
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Focus on your personal growth, opportunities for study
- Everything you need to do your job
- A nice office which is always open including table tennis and darts competition
- Decent home-office supplies
- Monthly activities and annual company trips
All in all, we’re a simple lot. We believe in continuous learning, rapid iterations, and that creativity is the key to solving real world problems. We don’t believe in unnecessary hierarchy, bureaucracy, or staying in the comfort zone.
Recognize yourself in this? If so, we can’t wait to meet up. Send an email to email@example.com for more information and applications!